Dadeschools > Human Resources > Certification > Moving from Temporary to Professional
Learn the steps to transition from a temporary to a professional teaching certificate.
State Issued Certificates
Please refer to your Official Statement of Status of Eligibility. To obtain a copy of your statement, please visit your online profile at www.fldoe.org/edcert. . Based upon your specific Official Statement of Status of Eligibility, one or more of the following five options must be completed to transition from a temporary to a professional certificate:
- Professional Preparation College Courses, Teaching Experience, Demonstration of Professional Education Competence (PEC) in the Classroom and Florida Certification Examinations
- District Alternative Certification Program and Florida Certification Examinations
- Education Preparation Institute Program and Florida Certification Examinations
- Valid ABCTE Certificate and Demonstration of Professional Education Competence in the classroom
- Approved College Professional Training Option for a Content Major, Demonstration of Professional Education Competence in the classroom, and Florida Certification Examinations
- Everyone is different; Refer often to your Official Statement of Status of Eligibility
- All requirements for the professional certificate must be completed before the expiration date of the temporary certificate to maintain employment in an Instructional position
- For assistance contact:
District Issued Certificates (Full-Time Vocational and JROTC)
District Cerfications have their own unique applications, requirements and fees. Begin the process by clicking below.
Non-Degree Vocational Professional Certificate (Full-Time)
Junior Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (JROTC)